Thursday, March 13, 2008

Michael John......



Well, here are some pictures of the first couple of days with Michael John. Things are going well. Natalie is adjusting well for now, James has been home so we'll see how it goes when he goes back to work. I'm recovering very well, it was a quick labor of only 4 1/2 hours, the midwife that we used was amazing and James was an incredible coach, I would not have been able to do it without him. Natalie is LOVING daddy right now, she wants to be with him all the time and has spent the last 2 days outside with him, going to the park and on "bowks", her word for walks. She's semi-interested in Michael and will give him kisses and hugs but otherwise she just goes about her business playing. Michael is so sweet, such a precious gift. He seems to be pretty laid back and alert at the same time. It just melts my heart to watch all his sweet baby movements and listen to his cute sounds. Ahhhh, such a blessing. We've had a couple of people ask if we are going to shorten Michael's name to anything else, we are not going to. We're going to call him Michael. :) Here are some pictures for you.

Michael John
March 9, 2008
7:02 a.m.
8 lbs 10 oz
21 1/2 inches long


First "Family of Four" Photo - Michael was about 9 hours old when he met his big sister.



Natalie - a proud big sister!!


Some have asked if we think Michael looks like Natalie did.... you can decide. Here is a picture of Michael...... sorry it's kind of blurry
And here is a picture of Natalie.....



James & Michael








Mommy & Michael














10 comments:

nwestmama said...

Beautiful baby!! Thanks so much for the pictures and the update! I'm so proud of you - way to go on the labor/delivery...you're awesome! Natalie looks like she loves her baby brother in the picture with her holding him. She's such a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Victoria,

I can see more of you in that beautiful boy... He is a GORGEOUS baby! And I don't think I have ever seen Natalie so happy!

I am doing laundry for Michael right now. Rinsing them in white vinegar to get the detergent out --for his baby skin. I have some infant stuff that will be perfect for him NOW, and I will label them. Will bring the goods on Sunday, with some sort of creamy meal for you, James and Natalie.

To Michael John!

Anonymous said...

That would be me, Leigh. Nameless, Anonymous... I know, I try to keep you guessing. Thought I would take it easy on you since you are a new mom to 2! :)

Big HUG!

Leigh

Anonymous said...

Natalie is such a proud big sister! What a smile! I know I said Michael looks like James, but when I see his picture next to Natalie's newborn picture I think Michael looks more like you, Victoria! What a sweetie :)

Jenny

Kerri said...

Yay! So fun...I LOVE the picture of Natalie grinning from ear to ear! So sweet. And you look great! =)

I can't wait to hear about your labor and delivery! Sounds like this one was a little better than the last, maybe?

We love you guys and can't wait to come to Omaha again to meet your new addition! =)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations all, you look so well and happy- praise God. Enjoy that little guy.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so glad to hear this labor went a little quicker. I can't wait to hear all the details and to meet the little guy. Such a perfect family with a little girl and a little boy!

Love to all,

Morgan

Anonymous said...

Oh, we are enjoying the pics and can't wait to meet Michael!! What a beautiful family!!! love, brenda and mike

The Krelle Family said...

Everyone looks so great. It was great to meet Michael and I can't wait to spend some more time with him. Natalie looks just thrilled to be a big sister. Looking forward to getting together soon!

Oh and now that I look back at Natalie when she was wee little...I think that he looks more like you! More importantly...he looks like Michael, a sweet little baby, precious and perfect in every way!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! Cant wait to meet him!! Natalie looks like such a good big sister!