Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Summer Fun/News

Wow! It sure has been a while since I put some pictures on here. It's been a busy summer and we are so excited fall is here. I have a new slideshow at the very bottom of this entry with some pictures from July & August.

I'm sure most of you already know that James & I are going to have our second baby around March 8th. We are so excited and looking forward to having two precious babies. I am about 16 weeks along right now and doing okay. I'm supposed to be feeling great at this point because I'm past 13 weeks but I'm still struggling a big with feeling pretty sick and most food (except Ramon Noodles and Raisen Bran) makes me gag. I know, Ramon Noodles are terrible for me but I figure it's better than eating nothing. I'm sure some time soon I'll be feeling great and I'm really looking forward to that. I wasn't this sick for this long with Natalie so I have no idea what's going on.

Natalie is doing great! She is so much fun and makes us laugh all the time. Right now she loves playing with her purses and her balls. She fills her purse up with odds and ends, puts it on her arm, and walks around with it. She wants her ball with her everywhere she goes and is starting to run. She's saying a couple of words but not too many. She says "cheese", "drink", "Amen", "da da", "na na" for ma ma, "night night", and I'm not sure but she may be saying "purse." We're so excited for her to start talking because every time she says any of those words it melts our hearts so I'm sure when she's talking more and more it will be a constant source of melting. :) As for sign language, she signs "please", "all done", "book", and "diaper change". Sign language has been great. She's able to sign "diaper change" way before she can actually say "diaper change" so she's able to communicate with us. She does the sign for book but I have no idea why, she still doesn't let us read to her. We can read one page and then she's wiggling out of our lap. She'll bring us a book, sit on our lap, flip the pages as quickly as she can and throw the book on the floor. She's just a mover and a shaker and has no interest in reading. Oh well, hopefully it will come.

Another cute thing she does is clap for herself all the time. If she obeys us, she'll clap for herself. If we tell her to throw something in the trash she'll throw it away, turn around, and clap. If she puts a puzzle together she'll clap. It's sweet.

Her personality is still pretty introverted. She likes to play on her own and I can only play with her for so long before she goes off on her own. If there's other kids around she's not really that interested but prefers to do her own thing. It's amazing how they are born with their own little personality and preferences.

James' work is still going really well, he's enjoying it and keeping very busy. I'm subbing again about one day a week. I did one job Tuesday-Friday and Monday and I won't do that again. I love it when I'm there, seeing my old students and their families and the teachers I worked with but my heart is at home with Natalie. I can't imagine having to leave her every day, I feel like I missed SO much those days. She did great but definitely was more attached to me by the end of that week. It was a great realization for me because I was offered a part time job back at Liberty this summer and seriously thought about it because I didn't think it would be that hard. I was wrong and it would not be easy for our family. I found out I was pregnant and decided against it. I'm so thankful for the days with Natalie and all the fun things we get to do every day. Well, that's about it. We went on a great camping trip this weekend so I'll post some picture of that soon. Take Care everyone!!

Summer Fun
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play | Make your own Smilebox

No comments: